When selecting a youth bat, make sure you're comfortable with the size of the bat you're swinging. Personal preference plays a key part in selecting a baseball bat, especially for youth players beginning their baseball journey. Heavier baseball bats provide more power, while lighter baseball bats will give a player more bat control and increased bat speed.
Effective January 1, 2018, USA Baseball will adopt a new method for measuring bat performance for testing youth baseball bats.
This sizing chart is an approximation of what size baseball bat your youth player may need.
Still not sure what size youth bat to select? Try using a teammate's bat to see how the bat feels. Experimenting with swinging different sizes allows players to compare and contrast what they like and what sizes they can properly handle.
What you need to know when selecting a youth baseball bat:
- Youth basebal bats range from 26" inches to 32" inches in length.
- Youth baseball bats have a 2 1/4" inch barrel diameter.
- Youth baseball bats range from a -7 to -13 length to weight ratio or drop (weight - length = drop).
- Make sure to check with your League's rules and regulations for required certification stamps.
* Need help finding the perfect baseball bat or softball bat? Our knowledgeable Customer Coaches are available 24/7 by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Live Chat, or our toll-free phone number: 1-866-321-BATS (2287)! *
- Bat Resource Guide
- Customer Support