How do I select a Fastpitch softball bat?
Welcome to the resource guide on how to select a fastpitch softball bat!
When selecting a Fastpitch softball bat, the length and weight are the two most important factors. To determine the best length and weight for you or your player, multiple variables need to be taken into consideration. Strength, hitting mechanics, and of course, personal preference all play a key part.
Figuring out the answer to the question, "What length softball bat should I use?" is simple. The bat sizing chart below will provide you with a recommended length (in inches) that is right for your fastpitch softball bat. To use this chart, follow these three simple steps:
- Find your height across the top.
- Find your weight on the left hand side.
- Move down from the height and to the right from your weight until you meet in the middle.
As far as the weight goes, it is extremely hard for us to make a recommendation as it may vary from player to player. Personal preference is the biggest factor when finding out the right weight for you. The best way to know which weight is best for you is through trial and error. If you have access to team softball bats or a teammate's bat, see if you like the weight they are swinging before making a purchase.
Once you have determined what length and weight are best for you, the material is next up on the list. Composite and aluminum materials are going to be your two main options. In the world of fastpitch softball, composite softball bats are easily the most used. They tend to provide superior pop, performance, and durability in comparison to aluminum softball bats. But, that is not always the case. As always, the material ultimately comes down to personal preference and then whether or not your league has restrictions on certain materials. It is best to reach out to your coach or a league official to clarify any possible restrictions before making a purchase.
Still unsure of how to select a fastpitch softball bat? If you have any additional questions or requests, our friendly Bat Experts are available 24/7 via phone at 866-321-2287, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can click here to live chat!
Watch the JustBats.com Buyer's Guide on Choosing a Fastpitch Softball Bat for more information!
What do you need to know when choosing a Fastpitch softball bat?
- The key to finding a good Fastpitch bat is getting the perfect size and weight that fits you.
- Fastpitch softball bats range from 26 - 34” long.
- Fastpitch softball bats have a drop weight ranging from -8 to -13. The drop weight indicates the length to weight ratio.
- Fastpitch Leagues include ASA, USSSA, NSA, ISA, and ISF.
* Need help finding the perfect baseball bat or softball bat? Our knowledgeable Bat Experts are available by email: email@example.com, Live Chat, or our toll-free phone number: 1-866-321-BATS (2287)! *