How do I take care of a Coach Pitch baseball bat?
Coach Pitch Bat Break-In Period
If you are buying an aluminum bat, there is no break-in necessary. Aluminum bats are as hot as they are going to get as soon as you take them out of the wrapper. With composite barreled bats, you will have to spend some time getting them ready to perform at their peak. Composite bats are going to need around 150 to 200 hits on them to start performing up to their potential - but many newer models offer better performance right out of the wrapper. When breaking in a composite bat, it is important to start off at about 50% power and gradually increase as your swing count rises. It is also important to rotate the bat about a ” on every swing to ensure that your bat gets evenly broken in.
Temperatures For Coach Pitch Bats
Regarding temperature and bats of different materials, many people believe that Composite Coach Pitch Bats tend to be much more sensitive to temperature than Alloy Coach Pitch Bats. However, a bat of any material will run a higher chance of becoming damaged when its used in lower temperatures. Many manufacturers have suggestions on minimum temperatures for when to use their bats. However, as a rule of thumb, we do not recommend using any bat in temperatures below 55 degrees Fahrenheit. There isn't a maximum temperature that you should avoid using your bat in; however composite bats tend to have slightly increased pop in hotter weather.
Additional Coach Pitch Bat Tips
- Limit the use of your game bat in the batting cage. Save the wear and tear for when it matters: in the game.
- Do not practice with dimpled balls. These balls can have damaging effects on your bat.
- Limit the number of teammates that use the same bat. Bats DO break. The fewer hits on the bat, the better chance you have at lasting durability.
- Do not use your bat to knock the dirt off of your cleats. This can damage the bat.
- If using a wood bat, swing with the label facing toward you. This is a common mistake and often will lead to a prematurely broken bat.
* Need help finding the perfect baseball bat or softball bat? Our knowledgeable Customer Coaches are available 24/7 by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Live Chat, or our toll-free phone number: 1-866-321-BATS (2287)! *