How do I select an Adult baseball bat?
When selecting an adult baseball bat or BBCOR bat, you should take into consideration your comfort level with the size you are currently swinging. Additionally, take into account that personal preference is also key in your perfect bat selection. This dynamic sizing chart is an approximation of what size adult baseball bat a player may need.
Many players like a heavier bat for more power, while others like to swing a lighter bat to gain more control and bat speed. Experimenting with swinging different sizes of bats allows players to compare and contrast preferences. This JustBats.com Adult Bat Buyer's Guide video explains things to remember when making your bat decision:
- Important to select a bat that offers you complete control and maximum performance in every swing.
- All adult bats have a -3 drop.
- All adult bats have a 2” barrel that vary from 29” to 35” in length.
- Make sure you're swinging a bat that allows you to make contact every time you're at the plate.
- Adult baseball bats can either be wood or metal. Most players prefer metal bats because they tend to be lighter and easier to control.
- Check your League requirements, as some Leagues are required to use wood bats.
- High school and college players are required to use BBCOR Certified bats (look for the BBCOR Certified stamp on the bat).
* Need help finding the perfect baseball bat or softball bat? Our knowledgeable Customer Coaches are available by email: email@example.com, Live Chat, or our toll-free phone number: 1-866-321-BATS (2287)! *