How do I select a Youth Big Barrel baseball bat?
When selecting a youth big barrel baseball bat or Senior League bat, it's important to be comfortable with the size of the bat you're swinging. Personal preference plays a key part in selecting a baseball bat. Many players like a heavier baseball bat for more power, while others like to swing a lighter baseball bat to gain more bat control and increase their bat speed.
Still not sure what size bat to select? Try using a teammate's bat to see how the bat feels. Experimenting with swinging different sizes allows players to compare and contrast what they like and what sizes they can properly handle.
- Youth bats can either be wood or metal; most players prefer metal because the bats are lighter and easier to control.
- Youth big barrel bats and Senior League bats are the same thing. These bats are mostly used by 10 to 14 year olds.
- Senior League bats an have a 2” barrel diameter or a 2” barrel diameter.
- Senior League bats range from 26 - 32” in length and a -5 to -11 length to weight ratio (or, drop).
- If your bat is too heavy the loss of control will result in a lot of foul balls because you're not making square contact.
- If your bat is too light the result will be a loss in power, because you're not generating enough momentum.
- Make sure to check your League's rule and regulations, since some do require a safety certification stamp or disallow certain barrel sizes.
* Need help finding the perfect baseball bat or softball bat? Our knowledgeable Customer Coaches are available 24/7 by email: email@example.com, Live Chat, or our toll-free phone number: 1-866-321-BATS (2287)! *