How do I take care of an Adult baseball bat?
Adult Baseball Bat Break-In Period
If you are buying an aluminum adult baseball bat, there is no break-in necessary. Aluminum bats are game-ready as soon as you take them out of the wrapper. However, with composite barreled adult baseball bats, you will have to spend some time getting them ready to perform at their peak. Composite baseball bats are going to need around 150 to 200 hits on them to start performing up to their potential - but many newer models offer better performance right out of the wrapper. When breaking in a composite baseball bat, it is important to start off at about 50% power and gradually increase as your swing count rises. It is also important to rotate the bat about a ” on every swing to ensure your bat gets evenly broken in.
Temperatures For Adult Baseball Bats
Regarding temperature and bats of different materials, many people believe that Adult composite baseball bats tend to be much more sensitive to temperature than alloy adult baseball bats. However, a bat of any material will run a higher chance of becoming damaged when used in lower temperatures. Many manufacturers have suggestions on minimum temperatures for when to use their bats. However, as a rule of thumb, we recommend that you avoid (or attempt to limit) using your bat in temperatures below 55 degrees Fahrenheit. There isn't, however, a maximum temperature to avoid when using your baseball bat.
Additional Adult Baseball Bat Tips
- Limit the use of your game bat. Our Used Bats are perfect for batting cage practice. Save the wear and tear for when it matters: in the game.
- Do not practice with dimpled balls. These balls can have damaging effects on your baseball bat.
- Limit the number of teammates that use the same bat. Bats DO break. The fewer hits on the bat, the better chance you have at lasting durability.
- Do not use your baseball bat to knock the dirt off of your cleats. This can damage the bat.
- If using a wood baseball bat, swing with the label facing toward you. This is a common mistake and often will lead to a prematurely broken baseball bat.
* Need help finding the perfect baseball bat or softball bat? Our knowledgeable Bat Experts are available by email: email@example.com, Live Chat, or our toll-free phone number: 1-866-321-BATS (2287)! *