A new year equals new bats. For the 2018 season, bat manufacturers have buckled down and refined their technology, materials, and cosmetics to create some of history's best BBCOR bats. The JustBats.com team has had a chance to gather player feedback, read your reviews, and see firsthand which 2018 BBCOR baseball bats are exceeding expectations.
Following is a detailed list and buying guide of the top ten (10) rated and highest reviewed BBCOR bats for 2018. Did yours make the cut?
Keep in mind, every player has a personal preference when it comes to the bat they choose to bring up to the plate with them. These baseball bats are in no particular order and include aluminum BBCOR bats, composite BBCOR bats, and hybrid BBCOR bats.
The Louisville Slugger Prime bats have consistently been at the top of the list year after year. With more five (5) star reviews than any other 2018 BBCOR bat, it's safe to say that the Prime 918 is in a league of its own. The balance is incredible, the feel at contact is buttery smooth, and the custom Lizard Skins grip is unbeatable when it comes to comfort and control. Out of the wrapper, there aren't many BBCOR bats that can compete with the power and pop of this home run hitter. Other key features of the 2018 Louisville Slugger Prime 918 include:
- Balanced swing weight score of 1.7
- Full twelve-month manufacturer's warranty if purchased through JustBats.com
- Three-piece, 100% composite construction
- Revamped TRU3 connection helps reduce vibration to the hands
- New RTX end cap creates a larger sweet spot with enhanced durability
Rated the best 2018 BBCOR bat by JustBatReviews.com, the Rawlings Quatro has one of the largest barrels and highest exit speed velocities of any BBCOR baseball bat in the business. High-quality composite materials, eye-catching cosmetics, and outstanding performance at the plate all come together in the form of this year's Glowstick. If you're looking for a balanced bat that is forgiving on mishits, look no further. Other key features of the 2018 Rawlings Quatro include:
- Carbon fiber composite barrel provides premier pop
- Tru-View technology reveals 100% composite construction
- Vibration dampening technology (VDT) delivers an insanely smooth feel at impact
- Made in the USA
- Quatro collar absorbs and eliminates negative feedback to the hands
Ever wonder what the inside of a Rawlings Quatro looks like?
Ping! The Beast X Speed is one of three options in the Beast X BBCOR bats series. It shares the limelight with the Beast X Loaded and the Beast X Hybrid but has surpassed the other two in terms of popularity and performance. The massive sweet spot doesn't deter the balanced swing weight and provides players with the best of both worlds. This one-piece, alloy design is beautifully built and is quickly becoming a favorite among all types of hitters. Other key features of the 2018 Easton Beast X Speed include:
- 1.4mm HYPERSKIN grip help increase cushioning
- 31/32 inch ATAC alloy handle offers a traditional feel at contact
- Advanced Thermal Alloy Construction (ATAC) creates the strongest, most powerful barrel ever
- X-tended barrel design uses Z-CORE internal core technology for better plate coverage
You can always count on Easton to deliver real performance advantages through sports engineering. While the Beast X Speed above is a one-piece, alloy design, the Ghost X is the latest two-piece construction in a long line of composite BBCOR bats. It all starts with the newly developed Dynamic Feel System combined with the redesigned CONNEXION+ technology that expands the sweet spot, enhances durability, and eliminates all sting to the hands (even on mishits) for best-in-class feel. Other key features of the 2018 Easton Ghost X include:
- 1.4mm HYPERSKIN grip increases comfort and control
- Balanced swing weight
- New engineering X advanced carbon technology reduces vibration
- EXACT carbon composite material optimizes barrel performance for further ball flight
- X-tended barrel design gives the Ghost X the longest composite BBCOR barrel in baseball
Many people were under the impression that COMBAT was no longer making baseball bats because their parent company, Performance Sports Group, declared bankruptcy, but the team at JustBats.com went to work and brought back the MAXUM for at least one more year. The MAXUM's claim to fame is the insanely large sweet spot that's guaranteed to be 20-40% larger than competitor models. Other key features of the 2018 COMBAT MAXUM BBCOR bat include:
- Available exclusively at JustBats.com!
- Seamless construction with precision molding technology ensures zero dead spots with uniform strength
- Hot out of the wrapper performance
- Balanced swing weight
- Full twelve (12) month warranty
"10 out of 10."
"This bat is the bee's knees."
"The ping is so loud it will hurt your ears..."
The quotes above are just a glimpse of what people are saying in the five (5) star reviews the 2018 Rawlings VELO has accumulated. Rawlings has dialed in their acoustic alloy that not only delivers the loudest ping in the game, but it is also known for exceptional durability, fast swing speeds, and incredible balance. The feature that sets this alloy design apart from others is the Comp-Lite end cap that makes the VELO one of the most balanced BBCOR bats in the business. Other key features of the 2018 Rawlings VELO BBCOR Bat include:
- Full twelve (12) month manufacturer's warranty if purchased through JustBats.com
- Precision laser pOp 2.0 technology increases barrel flex and pop on contact
- A tacky, synthetic bat grip delivers more control at the plate
- Tru-View technology reveals 100% aluminum alloy composition
Marucci set out to develop a BBCOR bat that would help players transition to High School ball at a lower price point than their other models. Enter the Marucci F5. The F5 had a tough act to follow in the CAT 7, but it didn't disappoint. While these two models have many similar features, the main difference between the F5 and the CAT 7 is in the composition. The F5 is manufactured out of a durable, standard aluminum while the CAT 7 is made up of Marucci's patented AZ4X alloy. Other key features of the Marucci F5 BBCOR bat include:
- Balanced swing weight
- Multi-variable wall design offers tremendous durability
- Ring-free barrel technology ensures premium pop with no dead spots
- Custom micro-perforated soft touch bat grip
Choose sweat. Choose victory. Choose commitment. Choose DeMarini.
The CF Zen from DeMarini is a two-piece, fully composite design set to take your game to the next level. Said to be game ready from day one, this BBCOR bat comes with a look, feel, and pop unlike any other in the game. For 2018, DeMarini developed the 3Fusion system that is composed of the 3Fusion handle and the 3Fusion end cap that help optimize balance, improve durability, and transfer negative energy back into the barrel for more power. Other key features of the 2018 DeMarini CF Zen include:
- Full one (1) year manufacturer's warranty if purchased through JustBats.com
- Two-piece, 100% composite construction
- Paraflex composite barrel provides 22% stronger carbon fibers than previous models
- Ability to customize with the DeMarini Custom Bat builder
Consistent performance, a hybrid construction, and the most balanced swing weight score in Louisville Slugger's 2018 BBCOR lineup result in the Solo 618. Another model voted to be one of the best 2018 BBCOR bats by our friend JustBatReviews.com; the Solo 618 comes with the new and improved Speed Ballistic Composite (SBC) end cap that helps increase swing speed through the zone with more control. Other key features of the 2018 Louisville Slugger Solo 618 include:
- One-piece, hybrid construction
- Custom Lizard Skins grip enhances comfort
- Stiff, traditional feel at impact provides immediate feedback
- SL Hyper alloy construction delivers maximum energy transfer
- Anti-vibration handle reduces sting on mishits
Last, but certainly not least, is the 2018 Mizuno Ghost BBCOR Bat. This model arguably has one of, if not the largest barrel in baseball. Mizuno has taken advantage of their 100+ years of experience in the sporting goods industry and developed the Black Onyx Carbon to deliver exceptional durability, hot out of the wrapper performance, and next to zero break-in swings. Other key features of the Mizuno Ghost BBCOR baseball bat include:
- Balanced swing weight
- Two-piece, composite construction
- Power Ring technology ensures premium pop at the plate
- Cylinder seaming allows for more consistent performance across the entire barrel
The reason the CAT 7 is an honorable mention is that this model was not technically released for the 2018 season. While this was one of the 10 best 2017 BBCOR baseball bats, it's power and popularity has carried over into the 2018 season. Rumor has it that Marucci is set to release the CAT 8, so step up to the plate and signup to receive JustBats.com emails directly to your inbox and we'll let you know when the CAT 8 is available.
This is the ultimate list of the best BBCOR 2018 baseball bats. Did your favorite BBCOR bat make it? Have you had the chance to take any of these up to the plate with you? If you have, leave your thoughts in the comments below and tell us which BBCOR bat you're planning on swinging for the remainder of the season and why. Shop All BBCOR Baseball Bats or read All BBCOR Bat Reviews or learn more about BBCOR Certification FAQs all on JustBats.com
If you have any specific questions, our Bat Experts are available via telephone at 866-321-2287, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can click here to live chat. Don't forget, we'll be here for you from click to hit!