The Little League Baseball Division is designed for boys and girls above the age of 9. Meanwhile, most Tee Ball leagues have an age maximum of 6 years old. So, what about 7 year-olds?
JustBats.com details bats for each category that apply, as well as review the best bats for 7-year-old regardless of bat category.
For help in selecting the right size baseball bat for your youth baseball player, make sure you consult our sizing guide:
Personal preference plays a key part in selecting a baseball bat or softball bat, especially for youth players. Keep in mind that heavier bats will provide more power and lighter bats will give a player more bat control and increased bat speed. According to players and customers, here are the best bats for a seven-year-old in each applicable category:
Capitalizing on the success of the CAT 6, this CAT 7 introduced a new AZ4X alloy that increases strength with a higher response rate. Since the bat has very little vibration in the hands and great balance, it's perfect for a 7 year old looking to maximize their game. Other key features of the Marucci CAT 7 baseball bat include:
- One-piece alloy construction for a traditional feel.
- Ring-free barrel technology for maximum performance and no dead spots.
- Features USSSA BPF 1.15 certification.
- Optimized barrel design for a sweet spot twice as large as the CAT 6.
- 10 Best USSSA baseball bats
Team USA softball legend Jennie Finch collaborated with Mizuno to help create some of the best softball bats in the game. This bat is classically crafted into a one-piece, all aluminum design made up of the MZ2200+ material that is sure to provide premium pop with outstanding durability. Other key features of the Mizuno Jennie Finch fastpitch bat include:
- One-piece, aluminum alloy softball bat.
- Balanced swing weight.
- Recommended for younger players who want to increase swing speed.
- Cushioned synthetic bat grip enhances comfort while reducing vibration.
- 8 Best Fastpitch softball bats
One of the best value bats on the market, as the Omaha 518 is less than $100 but offers similar balance as more expensive bats. While it's a drop 10, the true weight feels more like a drop 8. Approved for USA Baseball play, the Omaha 518 is masterfully constructed out of the proven ST 7U1+ alloy for a traditional feel. Other key features of the Louisville Slugger Omaha 518 USA baseball bat include:
- One-piece, aluminum baseball bat.
- New 6-star premium performance end cap improves balance.
- Consistent, durable construction for long-lasting performance.
- Balanced swing weight.
- 7 Best USA Baseball bats
Recommended for Tee Ball play only, this baseball bat is not intended to swing at balls 30 MPH+. Essentially, it's perfect for the 7-year-old playing in Tee Ball or Coach Pitch divisions of Little League. The military grade ALX50 aluminum is the backbone of this model and the reason behind its explosive sound and premium power. Other key features of the Easton Beast X Hyperlite tee ball bat include:
- One-piece, alloy tee ball bat.
- Balanced swing weight offers faster swing speeds.
- New USA Baseball (USABat) certification.
- Cushioned all sports grip offers great comfort.
- 7 Best Little League bats
What do you think? Is your 7-year-old ballplayer ready to swing one of these bats? Let us know in the comments what you think.
If you ever have any baseball bat or softball bat related questions, don’t hesitate to give our Bat Experts a call at 866-321-2287 , send us an email email@example.com or click here to live chat with our bat experts. And remember, we are always here for you from Click to Hit!