On August 7, 2015, the Little League International Board of Directors formally adopted the USA Baseball's new standard for bat performance testing.
Now, three years later, the USA Baseball approved baseball bats have been used, swung, and reviewed for a full season. So, here are the best 2018 Little League bats according to JustBats.com customer feedback (note: BBCOR bats are permitted for Intermediate 50-70 division and Junior League division, but must be labeled with a silkscreen or other permanent certification mark).
Please note that while all of these baseball bats are approved for Little League, they also meet the 2018 USA Baseball requirements for AABC, Babe Ruth, Cal Ripken, Dixie Youth, and Pony. If you'd like to learn more about the bat standard that Little League baseball follows CLICK HERE.
You've seen this bat. Heck, you might have it. It's (by far) the most popular USA baseball bat and was named of the best baseball bats for 2018. This one-piece, alloy, hybrid bat combines a balanced swing weight, increased swing speed, and a great price point. Other key features of the Louisville Slugger Solo 618 Little League bat include:
- SL Hyper alloy material delivers maximum energy transfer.
- Custom Lizard Skins baseball bat grip provides premium comfort.
- Anti-vibration handle construction helps reduce sting on mishits.
- Lowest swing weight profile and fastest swing speed in Louisville Slugger lineup.
- Read customer reviews on the Louisville Slugger Solo 618.
Most Little League baseball bats are one-piece, but the Voodoo is a two-piece, hybrid that delivers a smooth and lightweight feel. Utilizing the X14 alloy barrel and enhanced variable wall thickness for a more powerful performance at the plate, the Voodoo is one of DeMarini's most versatile options. Other key features of the DeMarini Voodoo Little League bat include:
- Balanced swing weight.
- 100% composite handle helps reduce shock in the hands.
- 3Fusion end cap optimizes weight, control, and overall durability.
- X14 alloy barrel delivers precision performance with resilient strength.
- Read customer reviews on the DeMarini Voodoo.
Rooarrrr! Easton's one-piece, alloy baseball bat is a little different than most USA Baseball bats. This Little League bat has an end loaded swing weight that offers more mass behind the ball at contact. So, if you're in need of a USA Baseball bat to give you more power and strength, the Beast X should be atop your list. Other key features of the Easton Beast X Little League bat include:
- Recommended for players with more power and strength.
- Thin 29/32 inch ATAC alloy handle provides a traditional feel.
- X-tended barrel design uses Z-CORE internal Core technology for a massive sweet spot.
- Advanced thermal alloy construction creates the strongest and most powerful barrel ever.
- Read customer reviews on the Easton Beast X.
Named after the location of the College Baseball World Series, the Louisville Slugger Omaha 518 is a consistent and durable Little League bat. The new 6-Star premium performance end cap improves balance, while the ST 7U1+ alloy construction delivers a massive sweet spot with stiff, traditional feel. Other key features of the Louisville Slugger Omaha 518 Little League bat include:
- Balanced swing weight.
- Consistent, durable construction for long-lasting performance.
- Custom baseball bat grip provides premium comfort.
- One-piece, aluminum baseball bat.
- Read customer reviews on the Louisville Slugger Omaha 518.
After a huge debut in 2017, the 'Glowstick' made a return to glow brighter. Contact hitters who can handle a longer barrel will love the Rawlings Quatro. While it does have an extended barrel construction for more plate coverage, a newly designed lightweight end cap reduces unnecessary weight toward the end of the barrel. This helps increase overall swing speed. Other key features of the Rawlings Quatro Little League bat include:
- Ultimate, focused flex helps accelerate speed through contact.
- Quatro collar absorbs and eliminates any negative vibration.
- Newly designed lightweight end cap reduces swing weight for more control.
- Four-piece, composite baseball bat.
- Read customer reviews on the Rawlings Quatro.
Quite simply, this is tomorrow's technology for today's player. Offering a stiff feel, this one-piece, Mantic alloy construction baseball bat is great for the drop 8 crowd. The Axe Element delivers powerful performance with season-after-season durability. Plus, Axe engineered a hitting zone that extends the barrel length and strength to a 270-degree contact area, so you'll never need to worry about rotating your barrel for durability. Other key features of the Axe Element Little League bat include:
- Named one of the best 2018 USA Baseball bats.
- HyperWhip composite end cap extends the sweet spot.
- Axe handle is ergonomically designed for better control, comfort, bat speed, and safety.
- End-loaded swing weight for added power.
- Read customer reviews on the Axe Element.
One of the first drop 12 Little League bats, the Rawlings Threat is a one-piece, 100% composite construction. This model utilizes a carbon fiber barrel that improves trampoline and overall pop at the plate while offering a stiff feel at impact for further ball flight on contact. If your lil' All-Star is struggling with swing speed, this is a good choice. Other key features of the Rawlings Threat Little League bat include:
- Carbon fiber barrel provides premium pop and further ball flight.
- Innovative end cap reduces swing weight for more control.
- Lightweight design allows for faster bat speeds.
- Standard Rawlings bat grip optimizes comfort.
- Read customer reviews on the Rawlings Threat.
Have you seen these baseball bats on the ball field? What do you think? Let us know in the comments.
If you ever have any baseball bat related questions, don’t hesitate to give our Bat Experts a call at 866-321-2287 , send us an email at email@example.com or click here to live chat with our bat experts. And remember, we are always here for you from Click to Hit!