Fun fact: the Amateur Softball Association (ASA) established the first unified set of rules for softball. Despite being formed in 1933, ASA was recognized as the National Governing body of softball by the United States Olympic Committee in 1978.
Such honors have led to ASA presiding over 87 local associations, as well as countless leagues and sanctioned tournaments. Naturally, these slowpitch players need an approved ASA bat. That's why JustBats.com collected feedback from players and customers to provide the three (3) best ASA slowpitch bats 2018 edition.
One of the most unique slow pitch bats for 2018. The Ghost Double Barrel combines an inner and outer barrel to deliver the lowest allowable certified compression at 750 PSI. This optimizes with soft ASA softballs and also provides an insane pop on contact that carries the ball further than any other ASA bat on the market. Other key features of the Easton Ghost Double slowpitch bat include:
- 13.50 inch barrel length.
- Balanced swing weight.
- Patented 2-piece CONNEXION+ technology offers best-in-class feel.
- Full double barrel design from connexion to end cap.
- Voted one of the 7 Best 2018 Slow Pitch Bats!
You knew Miken would be among of the best slow pitch bats for ASA. This is Kyle Pearson's signature softball bat. As a three-piece, fully composite softball bat, Miken utilizes an inner and outer core tube to guarantee consistency, expand the sweet spot, and amplify pop during every at-bat. Other key features of the Miken Freak 23 slowpitch bat include:
- 12.00 inch barrel length.
- Manufactured with pride in the USA.
- Maxload 1/2 ounce end load provides elite power.
- Flex 2 Power (F2P) technology optimizes flex and barrel loading to maximize speed through the zone.
- Tetra-core technology increases sweet spot size and durability.
This one-piece, alloy softball bat is recommended for more restrictive tournaments and leagues. But, as this DeMarini bat incorporates a single wall barrel design, it couldn't be left off the list. The cherry on top is an end loaded swing weight that is sure to bring more mass behind your swing for further ball flight. Other key features of the DeMarini Ultimate Weapon slowpitch bat include:
- 12.00 inch barrel length.
- End loaded swing weight.
- SC4 alloy construction provides unbeatable longevity.
- RCK knob is anatomically designed to fit perfectly into any player's bottom hand.
- One-piece, alloy bat.
Do you play in ASA? What bats have you seen that you love? Let us know in the comments.
Meanwhile, if you ever have any DeMarini or fastpitch bat related questions, don’t hesitate to give our Bat Experts a call at 866-321-2287 , send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to live chat with our bat experts. And remember, we are always here for you from Click to Hit!