Since their inception in 2002, Marucci has established themselves as one of the top bat manufacturers.
With a Big League lineup that includes Albert Pujols, Francisco Lindor, and Buster Posey, their advancements in wood bats continue. But, after the introduction of the Marucci CAT5, the company has really made its mark with metal bats. JustBats.com reviews the Marucci metal baseball bats in this helpful guide.
Marucci released their new metal bat lineup in September 2017. Since then, customers and players have been able to enjoy these bats and the new features. Following is an overview of these features and what makes each bat different.
Perfect for ... players that like an end loaded bat.
Popular Science recognized the Marucci CAT7 Connect as a Best of What's New Award Winner, one of the top 100 tech innovations of the year. Like the rest of Marucci's metal bats, the CAT7 Connect features a 7 variable wall ring-free design. This means there are no rings or governors within the barrel walls to limit performance. Key features of the CAT7 Connect:
- Ring-free barrel technology for maximum performance and no dead spots.
- New AZ4X alloy increases strength with higher response rate.
- SDX (Shock Dissipating Connection) technology provides smooth, solid feeling by eliminating negative vibrations.
Perfect for ... players power with above average swing speed.
Made from the strongest alloy to date (AZ4X Alloy), the CAT7 line offers a larger sweet spot by thinning the walls out the further down the taper and the closer toward the end cap. This gives the bat a seven-variable wall design. Since it's a one-piece aluminum bat, you'll notice a faster swing speed and a more traditional balanced feel. Key features of the CAT7:
- Places 2 oz of weight below the player's hands, which lowers the swing weight of the bat and lowers the MOI.
- AV2 Knob is patented and offers a better feel and less negative vibrational feedback.
- Optimized barrel design, so the sweet spot is twice as large as the Marucci CAT6.
POSEY28 Pro Metal
Perfect for ... players that love Buster Posey.
Cool. Unique. Different. This bat is more than just looks. It carries the high performance of the CAT7 at the BBCOR level and the high performance of the Hex Alloy at the Youth Big Barrel level. The difference? The colorway makes it look like a wood bat designed after Buster Posey's game-day model, but it's actually a one-piece, aluminum alloy baseball bat. Key features of the Posey28 Pro Metal:
- Designed after Buster Posey's in-game model.
- Extended barrel design provides more plate coverage.
- Optimized barrel design delivers explosive performance with a more responsive sweet spot.
Perfect for ... players that love a balanced swing; contact hitters.
The most traditional feeling bat in the Marucci lineup. Named after a devastating tornado, the F5 differs from the CAT7 line because it features a 5-variable wall internal design. This expands the sweet spot, but it's not as wide as the CAT7. So, the CAT7 features a longer external barrel design as well because it uses a higher grade aluminum than the F5. Key features of the F5:
- In-depth bat review of the Marucci F5.
- Balanced swing weight with a traditional, consistent feel on contact.
- Custom micro-perforated soft touch grip improves comfort and control.
Have you swung a Marucci metal bat before? What do you think of the new lineup?
If you have any Marucci or metal bat questions, you can always give our knowledgeable Bat Experts a call at 866-321-2287, email them at email@example.com, or click here to live chat! Remember, we'll be here for you from click to hit!