Have you ever bought a product online versus in-store?
Given the continuing growth of e-commerce, a Pew Research Center study found that nearly 80% of Americans do at least some shopping on the internet, with 43% shopping online "weekly" or "a few times a month." These numbers are expected to rise in the coming years.
But are buying baseball bats and softball bats online different? Does it make a difference buying online or to hold a bat in your hands? JustBats.com explores the reasons why you should buy your next bat online.
24/7. Online stores never close, whereas store fronts have hours of operations and usually close on most holidays. But, there are other reasons consumers are increasingly going online for their purchases. According to a PowerRetail.com report, the most important factors that shoppers say swayed their decision to make their purchase online rather than in-store are:
|Reason Prefer Online Shopping||Customer Percentage|
|Shopping Is Easier||28%|
|Shopping Is Faster||25%|
|Receive Better Information||21%|
Taking a look at each of consumers reasons for shopping online, here is why the JustBats.com experience should be considered.
Brick and mortar stores offer convenience. But, that convenience comes at a cost. Since stores have limited space, in-stock bats are usually the most popular, in-demand, or new bats that--naturally--are sold at high price points. By carrying a limited supply, brick and mortar stores can dictate supply and, thus, demand. Conversely, at JustBats.com we have the ability to warehouse bats that may not be as popular. However, by carrying a wide variety of bats and not being restricted by store size, we can eliminate "convenience" charges and offer lower prices. Other things to consider:
- Pick Your Packs are only available on JustBats.com. Buy multiple bats for the price of one.
- Transparency. Since it's easier to price compare online, there is no benefit in us increasing prices unnecessarily. Check out closeout bats.
- Store fronts often don't carry used bats due to limited space.
Shopping Is Easier
Guilty as charged. When you purchase a bat online, you're in control. You don't need to worry about a store representative bothering you at every turn or trying to hard sell you. Instead, everything is on your terms. Need to talk to a rep? We have Live Chat, which means you can ask any questions without pressure to buy if you don't feel comfortable. Other things to consider:
- Use the Bat Coach, which easily leads you through a series of questions to display your perfect bat.
- Have you never ordered anything online before? Give our Bat Experts a call at (866) 321-2287 and see how easy the experience can be.
- Filters on the left-hand side easily allow you to select categories that apply to your search. For example, all Fastpitch bats are in one area.
As previously mentioned, store space restricts brick and mortars, whereas e-commerce retailers, like JustBats.com and JustBallGloves.com, don't have those restrictions. Additionally, store fronts use economic principles, like supply and demand, to dictate stock. At JustBats.com we're committed to offering (like it says on our homepage) "America's largest bat selection." Other things to consider:
- We can determine Most Popular bats in real-time based on customer behavior, whereas brick and mortars can only change in-store displays so much.
- The average sporting goods' store sells 20-25 models of bats. JustBats.com currently offers 1,500+ models of bats.
- We don't just offer the newest, most expensive bats; we offer bats from 35+ bat manufacturers.
Shopping Is Faster
The average time a customer spends on JustBats.com is 3:38. Going to a store includes driving to the location, finding the bat area, determining the bat you want, and then going through checkout. Life is too busy to spend in line. Other things to consider:
- We offer FREE SHIPPING and no tax on your purchase (except for in Missouri).
- We also offer same day shipping until 8 pm CST. Translation: order a bat today, potentially receive the next day.
- You can checkout with Amazon Pay, PayPal, and PayPal Credit.
Receive Better Information
You're at the mercy of a sales rep and/or a short description when you buy in-store. Even if the sale rep is knowledgeable on bats, you're still only receiving one person's opinion. At JustBats.com, we're not concerned about clearing out stock (we wouldn't accept returns if we were); we just want you to have the perfect bat. Other things to consider:
- The most comprehensive list of customer reviews can be found here.
- The Bat Resource Guide provides information on rules, bat sizing, and buyer's guides.
- Easily compare bats and read product information and details on each side-by-side.
The top reason we heard from customers for why they didn't shop at JustBats.com before is "because I need to feel the bat in my hands." That's understandable. If you're not comfortable with the bat in your hands, then you're not going to be comfortable at the plate. That's why we offer returns and warranties.
First and foremost, we're a Customer Service company that happens to supply baseball bats and softball bats. We want to ensure the best experience possible for you. If you ever have any questions or requests, you can give our Bat Experts a call any time of day at 866-321-2287, send an email at email@example.com, or click here to live chat! Remember, we're here for you from click to hit!