"Progress always involves risk. You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first." - Frederick B. Wilcox
In today's sports world, if you're not using sabermetrics during your training sessions or practice, you're behind the curve (pun intended). Are you looking to implement a swing tracker into your batting practice? There are many great training tools and swing trackers on the market, but JustBats has the two best: the Diamond Kinetics and the Zepp swing trackers.
The debate on which swing tracker to use typically boils down to these two industry leaders. So, which one is best for you or your player? We're here to discuss each device and explain exactly what they do in great detail.
Diamond Kinetics Second Generation Baseball / Softball Swing Tracker
A simple to use swing tracker that connects to virtually any bat and connects with Bluetooth, the Diamond Kinetics provides 3D swing analysis with four different angles. On top of that, you can record video with instant bat, hand, and contact speed calculations. The team at Diamond Kinetics pays great attention to detail and produces 11 in-depth metrics summarized into four key elements, including speed, power, quickness, and control.
Eliminate the guesswork from your batting practice and objectively record progress after every session. Gain knowledge and real-time data that helps improve your hitting to levels you thought were unattainable.
Other features of the Diamond Kinetics include:
- One (1) Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- 3D Swing Model of Bat Plan & Plath Synced With Hand & Barrel Speed
- Bat Mount Dimensions: .80" H x 1.55" W x 1.55" L
- Captures Motion Data In Real Time & Sends It To A Paired Mobile Device via Bluetooth
- Collects Swing Data at Over 11,000 Data Points Per Second
- Create & Connect Your Profile With Your Coach For Easy Monitoring
- Damage Potential Projects How Fast & Far a Ball May Have Traveled On Each Swing
- Engineered & Assembled In the USA
- Free iOS App
- Rechargeable Battery Provides 7 Hours Of Continuous Use On Full Charge
- Sensor Dimensions: .49" H x 1.10" W x .90" L
The best part about the Diamond Kinetics Swing Tracker? Every purchase made through JustBats.com includes a 1-year player membership to the exclusive DiamondCLUB (a $60 value). This membership includes not only access to all the mobile and web app features, but your entire swing history, groups and connections, and premium content. Please keep in mind that the Diamond Kinetics is only compatible with iOS 9.0+, iPhone 4s+, and iPad 2+. This device does NOT work on the Android platform.
Now, let's move on to the Zepp and lay out the differences between the two.
The Zepp 2 has the backing of MLB All-Star Mike Trout and fastpitch softball legend Jennie Finch, and for a good reason. You can train smart and improve fast with this industry leading swing tracker. In a world of instant gratification, the Zepp allows you to analyze the most important metrics of your swing (hand speed, time to impact, and bat attack angle) with immediate evaluations. Plus, you can compare those metrics side by side to professionals and see where you match up and where you can improve. Having this data as a player or a coach is priceless and difficult to beat. Give yourself every advantage to get one step closer to the big leagues.
Other features of the Zepp 2 include:
- Limited One (1) Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Multi-Sports 3D Sensor With Free App Available for iPhone, iPad, and Android
- 360 Degree Analysis
- High-Speed Gyro Improves Accuracy
- HD Video
- Attaches To Virtually Any Baseball Bat or Softball Bat
- Connects Easily To Mobile Devices via Bluetooth LE
- Intelligent Battery Offers 2X More Life Compared To Original Zepp
- Smart Coach Video Training Programs From MLB Players & Coaches
One of the big advantages of the Zepp 2 over the Diamond Kinetics is the fact that it is compatible with Android. The Zepp 2 is compatible with iOS 8.0+, iPhone 5+, iPad 2+, AND Android OS 5.0+. If you are an Android user, then the Zepp swing tracking system is the choice for you. Oh, and don't forget that the Zepp 2 now integrates with the world's first ever smart bat.
Let us hear your feedback. Have you had the opportunity to train with one of these swing trackers? How did it add value to your workout? What is your favorite feature? Please leave a comment below and tell us your experience.
If you have any baseball bat or softball bat related questions, give a ring to our friendly Bat Experts at any time of the day at 866-321-BATS (2287). They may also be reached via email (email@example.com) or our live chat feature! Remember, JustBats.com is with you from click to hit!