2018 Louisville Slugger Select 718 -5 USA Baseball Bat: WTLUBS718B5
Got a question about the 2018 Louisville Slugger Select 718 -5 USA Baseball Bat: WTLUBS718B5 ? Ask our team of experts, and they will respond within 24 hours.Ask A Question OR
In the title it says it is a USA bat, but there is no stamp on the bat. Any comment?
On the black colored taper of this 2018 Louisville Slugger Select 718 -5 USA Baseball Bat (WTLUBS718B5), there will be a USA Stamp certification present. You can look at the "Images" section of the bat page to see the picture of the "USA" stamp.
Is it a big barrel?
The 2018 Louisville Slugger Select 718 -5 USA Baseball Bat: WTLUBS718B5 is a 2 5/8'' barrel. This the middle barrel size.
My son's team is playing in a tournament that requires bats to be BPF 1.15 or BBCOR with a max drop of 5. Would this bat qualify?
This 2018 Louisville Slugger Select 718 -5 USA Baseball Bat (WTLUBS718B5) would be allowed per the league rules listed in your question. However, this bat has USA certification. All bats that are USA certified will perform lower than the BPF 1.15 bats (USA rated bats will perform pretty parallel to BBCOR bats). In my opinion, a BBCOR bat would be more attractive than buying one of these USA bats because even though the BBCOR bat performs at a similar level as the USA bat, the BBCOR bat will help prep your player for high school baseball. If you purchased a -5 USA Bat, you would be buying a lesser performing bat (in comparison to the 1.15 rated bats) that your player would not be able to use once he got to high school. My suggestion would be to get a USSSA 1.15 BPF bat in the -5 length-to-weight ratio or a BBCOR -3 bat.
Is there a break in period on hybrid bats with aluminum barrels such as these, or is it "hot" out of the wrapper?
There is no break in required on bats such as the 2018 Louisville Slugger Select 718 -5 USA Baseball Bat: WTLUBS718B5. Any bat featuring an alloy barrel will be hot out of the wrapper.
Does it help to roll a aluminum bat?
No, rolling an aluminum bat like this 2018 Louisville Slugger Select 718 -5 USA Baseball Bat (WTLUBS718B5) would not improve performance. We would not recommend rolling a composite bat either as it is illegal in most leagues and typically voids that bat's warranty.
I understand that the USA stamp is legal for certain leagues and that a USSSA stamped bat may not be legal. What I am unclear about is if there is a difference in the "pop" of either certification. For instance, would a travel ball kid who plays in tourneys that accept bats with the USSSA certification be putting himself at a disadvantage by choosing a USA stamped bat?
The 2018 Louisville Slugger Select 718 -5 USA Baseball Bat: WTLUBS718B5 will have lower performance capabilities when compared to the same type of bat in a USSSA model. The reason for this is USA stamped bats have thicker barrel walls and thus the trampoline effect will be less resulting in slower exit velocities off the bat. If a player can use a USSSA model then it would be better to use those types of bats.
Is the barrel made of composite or aluminum material?
This 2018 Louisville Slugger Select 718 -5 USA Baseball Bat (WTLUBS718B5) will feature a barrel that is built of aluminum material.
Louisville Slugger is the Official Bat of Major League Baseball and the #1 name in baseball since the earliest days of the sport. In many ways, the storied 130+ year history of the Louisville Slugger baseball bat began in the talented hands of 17-year-old John A. "Bud" Hillerich. Back in the 1880s, Bud was working at his father's woodworking shop in Louisville, Kentucky. Legend has it that Bud, a lover of baseball and a player himself, slipped away from work one afternoon in 1884 to watch Louisville's major league team, the Louisville Eclipse. Bud was in the stands as the team's star, P.... read more
Varo Baseball ARC 12 oz. On Deck Bat Weight
For youth to pro players, the Varo Baseball bat weights are the official bat weight of the USA Baseball national teams. With more weight distributed towards the end of the barrel, the Varo 12 ounce on deck weight helps create a game-like swing that improves both mechanics and strength at the plate. Build your baseball-specific muscles as you dial in your swing before stepping into the batter's box. The best part? Each Varo Baseball bat weight is made in the USA and fit both 2 5/8-inch and 2 3/4-inch barrel bats.
- Distributes Weight Towards The End Of The Barrel
- 12 Ounces
- Improves Player's Mechanics
- Strengthens Baseball Specific Muscles
- Helps Dial In your Swing
- Designed For Youth To Pro Players
- Fits 2 5/8 To 2 3/4 Inch Barrel Baseball Bats
- Made In The USA
- Official Bat Weight Of The USA Baseball National Teams
- Cushion Fit Technology Eliminates Abrasion, Rings, & Scratches On The Bat
- True Fit Core Ensures A Precise Fit To All Types Of Bats
- Air Diffusion Helps Create A Lighter Body With Greater Emphasis
Vulcan Bat Grips
Vulcan bat grips may be used on baseball bats and softball bats, no matter if they're wood, alloy, or composite. With an extra tacky adhesive on the underside of each grip, the application is a quick and easy process to virtually any handle. A standard 1.75mm thickness combines with a one-of-a-kind maze imprint and both horizontal and vertical debossed grooves for an unbeatable, slip resistant grip. Each Vulcan bat grip is constructed out of an advanced polymer material that delivers maximum feel and control in dry or wet conditions all season long. Plus, Vulcan's patented Edge technology helps resist rolling to ensure a secure, flat surface. Vulcan: It's all about the feel!
- Advanced Polymer Material Provides Long Lasting Performance
- Standard 1.75 mm Thickness
- Recommended For Alloy, Composite, & Wood Bats
- Delivers Maximum Control & An Unbeatable Feel On Contact
- May Be Used In Any Weather
- Extra Tacky Adhesive Attaches To Virtually Any Bat
- One-Of-A-Kind Maze Imprint Offers A Unique Look
- Horizontal & Vertical Debossed Grooves Supply The Ultimate Gripping Solution
- Patented Edge Technology Resists Roll To Ensure A Secure, Flat Surface
- Quick & Easy Application To Any Handle
JustBats.com Batting Gloves
The JustBats.com Batting gloves are perfect to use for games or practice. Having a comfortable, perfect fit for you is something we at JustBats.com want you to have with your batting gloves. If when you receive the batting gloves, tried them out and they do not fit or work perfectly for you, you may return them within two weeks for an exchange or full refund whether you have used them or not. They are extremely comfortable and durable. Our batting gloves feature an adjustable wrist strap so they can be adjusted to fit nice and snug on your hand for a comfortable fit. Our batting gloves are made from Cabretta Sheepskin leather for optimal flexibility and comfort. The mesh backing around the knuckles allows you to move and flex your fingers freely without adding stress to the leather. This not only allows for a better grip on the bat, but it also makes the gloves more durable as it eliminates much of the stress on the leather that can cause tears. The mesh is also vented to allow moisture and heat to be directed away from the fingers, never compromising your grip on the bat. The palm of the batting glove is constructed of premium grade sheepskin leather. This leather gives a great grip while maintaining it's flexibility. The JustBats.com Batting Glove was designed with you, the player, in mind. Free Shipping!
- Free Shipping!
- Made from Cabretta Sheepskin Leather
- Mesh Backing on Knuckles - Improves Flexibility and Durability
- Superior Feel
- Velcro Strap for a Snug, Flexible Fit
- Vented to Allow Moisture and Heat to Escape
- BATTING GLOVE SIZE CHART: CLICK HERE
- Approved For Play In AABC, Babe Ruth, Cal Ripken, Dixie Youth, Little League, & Pony
- Free Shipping!
- -5 Length To Weight Ratio
- 2 5/8 Inch Barrel Diameter
- Colorway: Black | Silver | Blue | Green
- Custom Lizard Skins Baseball Bat Grip Provides Premium Comfort
- Full Twelve (12) Month Manufacturer's Warranty
- Hot Out Of The Wrapper Performance
- Three-Piece, Hybrid Baseball Bat
- ST 7U1+ Alloy Barrel Provides Maximum Pop & Durability
- 100% Composite Handle Helps Reduce Vibration In Hands
- Lightweight Speed Ballistic Composite (SBC) End Cap Enhances Swing Speed
- Slightly End Loaded Swing Weight
- TRU3 Technology Decreases Vibration & Guarantees A Smooth Feel On Contact
This 2018 Louisville Slugger Select 718 USA Baseball Bat (WTLUBS718B5) features a drop 5 length to weight ratio, a 2 5/8-inch barrel diameter, and the new USA Baseball (USABat) certification. With that stamp, this model is approved for play in AABC, Babe Ruth, Cal Ripken, Dixie Youth, Little League, and Pony baseball. Ready to up your game? Then pick up one of these Select 718 baseball bats today with free shipping and a full one (1) year manufacturer's warranty. Don't forget, with our 24/7 customer service, we'll be here for you from click to hit!
Delivery was excellent. We got the bat earlier than we expected. My son was so excited.