The 2017 Miken Freak Platinum Maxload ASA Slow Pitch Softball Bat: FKPTMA features a four piece , fully composite design while the 2018 Miken Freak 23 Maxload ASA Slow Pitch Softball Bat: MFK23A features a more traditional three piece composite design. Both bats have a half ounce end load and the same type of composite. They will be extremely similar options.
2018 Miken Freak 23 Maxload ASA Slow Pitch Softball Bat: MFK23A
- Free Shipping!
- Kyle Pearson's Signature Softball Bat
- Manufacturer's Warranty Is Only Valid With Serial Number Sticker
- 12 Inch Barrel Length
- 2 1/4 Inch Barrel Diameter
- Approved For Play In ASA ONLY
- Colorway: Blue | Neon Yellow
- Designed Specifically For Lower Compression, 52 COR Softballs
- Flex 2 Power (F2P) Technology Optimizes Flex & Barrel Loading To Maximize Speed Through The Zone
- Full Twelve (12) Month Manufacturer's Warranty
- Manufactured With Pride In The USA
- Revolutionary 100 COMP Utilizes 100% Premium Aerospace Grade Fibers To Deliver Legendary Performance & Durability
- Maxload 1/2 Ounce End Load Provides Elite Power
- Tetra-Core Technology Increases Sweet Spot Size & Durability
- Three-Piece, Composite Softball Bat
This bat is not approved for SPN leagues as it does not have a USSSA certification.
(1) Since the bat has only been out for a short amount of time at the time of this question, I would not be able to give much insight into how this bat will hold up durability-wise. However, I think it should probably get decent durability ratings as time goes on and more reviews are sent. (2) This 2018 Miken Freak 23 Maxload ASA Slow Pitch Softball Bat (MFK23A) is technically only designed for use with 52 COR / 300 Compression balls.
Miken slow pitch bats provide elite technology with out of this world cosmetics that any player can get on board with. For the 2018 season, the Freak 23 is ready to dominate any diamond you step foot on! Players who prefer more mass behind their swing and extreme distances on contact are going to love this three-piece, fully composite softball bat. Each model is manufactured with pride right here in the United States and composed of the revolutionary and innovative 100 Comp formula. This material utilizes 100% premium aerospace grade carbon fibers to ensure optimal performance and season after season durability. Inside of each Freak 23, Miken uses what's called the Tetra-Core technology that utilizes an inner and outer core tube to guarantee consistency, expand the sweet spot, and amplify pop during every at-bat. In between the powerful barrel and skinny handle, the Flex 2 Power (also known as the F2P) technology optimizes both barrel loading and flex to help boost bat speeds through the hitting zone. Miken Sports: Legendary In The Field!
This ASA 2018 Miken Freak 23 Slow Pitch Softball Bat (MFK23A) features a standard 2 1/4-inch barrel diameter, a short 12-inch barrel length, and a max load 1/2 ounce end load that is preferred by players who want more power. Also known as the KP23, this model is the weapon of choice for slowpitch legend Kyle Pearson, and it is approved for play in ASA only. Step into the batter's box with ultimate confidence and pick up one of these Miken slow pitch softball bats today with free shipping and a full one (1) year manufacturer's warranty. Don't forget, with our 24/7 customer service, we'll be here for you from click to hit!
Easy to find what I was looking for and the quick shipment.