Every Monday we’d like you to meet someone new around here at JustBats.com. Get to know us a little better! Meet Taylor! Taylor helps make JustBats.com look great and helps make sure it's easy to use. Here is what makes Taylor tick.
1. How long have you worked here at JustBats.com?
2. What is your favorite sport and team?
I really enjoy baseball, and to me, going to a Royals game is the perfect Friday night.
3. What’s your favorite thing so far about working at JustBats.com?
The overall culture and community. I think it's really unique, I feel lucky to be apart of such a great place!
4. What kind of stuff do you like to do outside of work?
I'm a drummer, so outside of work I love to play my drums and create music. I also, oddly enough, love to research my area of work too. At home I'm usually working on a web or graphic design project that is similar to what I do here at JustBats.com. I watch way too much King of the Hill, too.
5. Tell us a little bit about what you do here at JustBats.com as UX Designer?
Among other things, I mainly help develop and maintain the user interface of the JustBats.com website.
6. Tell us what you did before you started at JustBats.com?
I was a student! In August I graduated from Northwest Missouri State University with a degree in Interactive Digital Media: Computer Science. This is my first job out of college!
7. Any words of advice for people going in to your line of work?
Learn how to learn. And do it quickly. The web development world is always ever-changing, keeping up is a challenging but fun task though!
9. What gets you laughing the hardest?
Parodies or really witty stand up comedy. SNL gets me rolling in laughter every time.
10. What are you looking forward to the most about working at JustBats.com?
The ability to always continue to learn, and in such a engaging environment. The office environment is one of continual learning and sharpening of skills. I also get to do what I really love doing, so that's also ultra exciting!