Every Monday we’d like you to meet someone new around here at JustBats.com. Get to know us a little better! Meet Ryan! Ryan works in the kitchen as the Assistant Chef and helps make sure all the employees here at JustBats.com have awesome food to eat, he also tends to get a laugh out pretty much everyone here at the company! Here is what makes Ryan tick.
1. How long have you worked here at JustBats.com?
867 days (on this monday).
2. What are some of your responsibilities as a Chef here at JustBats.com?
As one of the chefs at JustBats.com I prepare meals for the employees daily and assist with writing new menu items and help maintain the kitchen.
3. What do you enjoy most about being a Chef at JustBats.com?
To start I love cooking so, being able to cook for my coworkers is great, especially at a company like JustBats.com. Also, seeing everyone smile as they come into the cafeteria, and talking with them about the meal that day, and what they enjoyed about it is a rewarding and awesome experience.
4. Is it difficult preparing food for so many people everyday?
The JustBats.com kitchen is second to none, with the equipment available to us it makes it relatively easy, however every meal has its own challenges.
5. What is your favorite meal you have made for JustBats.com?
Well, I have been called a BBQ Pitmaster, so I'm going to have to go with my pulled pork sandwiches.
6. What are some challenges you face in the kitchen?
One of the biggest challenges is creating a healthy meal that is still full in flavor and that everybody loves.
7. What’s your favorite memory since working at JustBats.com?
Spending time with my coworkers and going to sporting events and concerts are some of the best memories I've made along the way.
8. What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
I love spending time outdoors, whether it's fishing and hunting, a mid-summer canoe trip or a hike through the woods. I also like foraging for wild nuts, berries, and morel mushrooms. If it's a cold winter my friends and I enjoy competitive snow man building.
9. Any advice for people coming in to your line of work?
I would have to say learn from the chefs above you, you can learn classic techniques, different flavors that play off each other, and astonishing presentations. You have to be constantly learning and growing to become a truly great chef.
10. What gets you laughing the hardest?
My cousin Vinny... No, but really my cousin Vinny is one funny guy.
11. What’s your favorite sport and team?
I love any form of competitive snow man building as I said before but my favorite sports teams are the Royals, Chiefs, and Sporting KC.