Every Monday we’d like you to meet someone new around here at JustBats.com. Get to know us a little better! Meet Jim! Jim makes sure we have the newest and hottest products to sell to all of our awesome customers! Here is what makes Jim tick.
1. How long have you worked here at JustBats.com?
A little over 6 years.
2. What is your favorite sport and team?
The Royals. Although they have had a few down years (like since I was a kid ) they are still my team.
3. What’s your favorite thing about working at JustBats.com?
My favorite thing about working here: They let me spend money. They feed me. And I get to be around bats and gloves all day. How good can it get!
4. What kind of stuff do you like to do outside of work?
I play a bit of softball on occasion and we travel to scuba dive some. As boring as it sounds, I like to read.
5. Tell us a little bit about what you do here at JustBats.com in the Product Management Department?
I have a group of companies that I keep track of and buy product so we can be the number one provider of bats and gloves for the US market. What I really like to do is pursue the "deal".
6. How do you stay on top of what products are new and hot items?
You can be sure the vendors will let you know what is the newest and greatest thing on the market, and you can bet it is one of their products. A lot of it is statistical analysis and looking for trends. Rule changes have been a big driver of what has been "hot" in the last couple of years. We have a good group in our Marketing department to help project trends for us also.
7. Any words of advice for people going in to your line of work?
In real estate the mantra is Location, Location, Location. For me it is Organization, Organization, Organization.
8. What’s your favorite memory of working at JustBats.com?
Winning Corporate Challenge and having the All-Star Game in Kansas City in one summer is hard to beat, although wiffle ball games in the D/C before the shelving went in was pretty cool also.