Every month we would like to introduce you to a department at JustBats.com. Each department around here plays a key role in making sure everything runs smoothly and you get your bats in a timely manner, while having a great experience shopping with us. Meet the Accounting team, this department keeps the finances straight and makes sure not a penny goes unnoticed!
1. Tell us a little bit about the Accounting team.
Right now there are four members of the accounting team, they are Jodi Smith, Mark Reineke, Pam Reynolds and Stephanie Garcia
2. What kind of responsibilities does each person in Accounting take on everyday?
The accounting department is responsible for entering payables, receivables, updating reports, bank reconciliations and many other things.
3. Are there any major challenges you face daily, weekly or even monthly with handling the financial aspects of JustBats.com?
One of the major challenges we face is making sure everything is entered and getting the month-end-close done on time.
4. What would you say you look for the most in someone wanting to join the Accounting team?
Being very detail oriented is an important quality to have in our department. Without that, the financials probably would not be very accurate.
5. We all know with work there has to be some play, tell us about some of the perks of being in accounting.
Our department is pretty small so we are a pretty close group. We all know a lot about each other and we joke around a lot.
6. Handling money can often times be overwhelming, how do you and your team stay organized?
We have good systems setup to make sure that nothing gets missed.
7. What is the best part about being on the accounting team here at JustBats.com?
We have a lot of very important deadlines in our department that require us to work very well as a team. We are always willing to help each other out to make sure that we meet those deadlines. It's great to work with a group of people that are fun to be around and that you can count on.