1. Tell us a little bit about the Distribution Center.
“With great power, comes great responsibility.” –Various Sources. The Distribution Center is very unique. We make sure product comes in properly and accurately and we make sure product goes out properly and accurately. It sounds simple, but it is far from it. The unique part about this is we love our job because the end result is pleasing the customer.
2. What kind of responsibilities does each person in the DC take on everyday?
We have several departments that make up the DC. We start out with
The Receiving Department making sure we receive the correct product from the manufacturers and make sure the products are put online to sell to the customer.
The Bin Replenishment Specialists makes sure the product is put away in the correct location.
The Return Specialists makes sure the customer returning an item is happy.
The Shipping Associates make sure the product is pulled and shipped accurately.
The Shipping Leads make sure things run smoothly on nights and weekends.
The Cycle Count Specialists audit the product to maintain an accurate inventory balance.
3. Are there any major challenges you and the DC team face daily, weekly or even monthly in the warehouse?
The Distribution Center faces many challenges daily. Everything the Distribution Center touches has an effect on our customers. Each department takes on tasks and troubleshoots to the best of their ability. The end result is to please our customers and have fun doing it.
4. What would you say you look for the most in someone wanting to become a part of the DC?
We look for character and someone who has an established work ethic.
5. We all know with work there has to be some play, tell us about some of the perks of being a part of the DC at JustBats.com.
The Distribution Center has an amazing group of people. We can come to work and have some fun while completing daily tasks. Every now and then we take a quick break and play some dodge ball in the sport court. The Distribution Center recently had a team outing and all had a great time. We feel it is very important to maintain the great atmosphere in the Distribution Center.
6. What are some of the ways you think JustBats.com and the DC go above and beyond to keep our customers happy?
This question is very easy. The Distribution Center goes above and beyond every day. The Distribution Center knows how important their contribution is to the company. Every department for JustBats.com knows how vital their contribution is to achieve the end result.