But, there's a question that tends to be asked a lot around this time, "What are the best 2017 Youth Big Barrel bats?" Nevermind the confusion on whether to call these bats Senior League or Youth Big Barrel. Powered by feedback from coaches, parents, and players, here are the nine (9) best 2017 Youth Big Barrel Baseball Bats.
In a price range that is typically littered with only alloy options, the COMBAT VIGOR stands out. It's a 100% composite bat with one-piece design and a single wall barrel construction. Much like that of the popular MAXUM models, the VIGOR uses COMBAT's Precision Molded Seamless Construction Technology, which results in a hardened, ultra-consistent molded bat every time; optimizing performance.
Other key features of the COMBAT VIGOR include:
- Balanced swing weight.
- One-piece composite design.
- Seamless construction that provides uniform strength and fine-tuned performance.
- Tremendous trampoline effect from barrel for maximum pop.
- Ultra-premium Lizard Skins Grip for supreme comfort and reduced vibration.
Me--wow! Yes, the CAT 7 is similar to Marucci's CAT 5 and CAT 6 series, but Marucci doubled the power for CAT 7. The main difference? A new and improved AZ4X alloy that dramatically improves durability and strength. Additionally, the optimized barrel design is more responsive and offers a sweet spot that is twice as large in comparison to CAT 6. The combination of new features results in a traditional, one-piece, all alloy, best balanced, most forgiving, sweetest feeling, and hardest hitting bat available.
Other key features of the Marucci CAT 7 include:
- AV2 knob offers a better feel and less negative vibrational feedback.
- Balanced design for precision and control.
- Full twelve (12) month manufacturer's warranty.
- New AZ4X alloy increases strength with a higher response rate.
- Optimized barrel design provides a sweet spot twice as large as the CAT 6.
A tale as old as time. In this case, the Beast is a Beauty. The 2017 Easton MAKO BEAST XL is the newest version of one of the most popular baseball bats in the industry. It's a beast because it now has the biggest and most powerful composite barrel that Easton has ever made. Easton extended and combined the game's longest two-piece composite barrel with the
game's fastest swing speed. The result is a monster low swing weight.
Other key features of the Easton MAKO BEAST XL include:
- Ultra thin 29/32 inch composite handle.
- Extended speed barrel.
- Lowest swing weight index in the 2017 Power Brigade lineup.
- Game's fastest swing speed.
- Patented ConneXion Technology maximizes energy transfer and eliminates vibration.
For 28 years DeMarini has delivered nothing but the best in terms of quality and innovative bats. The beautifully crafted CF Zen is a balanced baseball bat that delivers maximum performance
and an enhanced sweet spot. Similar to that of the other CF designs, this bat is a two-piece, fully composite design with an extremely well-balanced swing weight. This bat is
not part of the youth baseball bat CF Zen models that were deemed illegal by USSSA.
Other key features of the DeMarini CF Zen include:
- Balanced swing weight distribution.
- D-Fusion 2.0 handle technology reduces vibration and redirects more energy into ball.
- Low Pro End Cap optimizes weight, feel, and compression throughout the barrel.
- RCK knob perfectly fits bottom hand for a comfortable grip.
- New ParaFlex Composite tha's 22% stronger carbon fibers with massive flex and extreme pop.
You thought COMBAT was gone? The MAXUM consistently delivers an extreme combination of an ultra balanced feel, extremely fast swing weights, and a huge sweet spot. In fact, the 2017
version provides hitters with an almost unfair sweet spot that is 20-40% larger than other Senior League models. Part of the reason is that the MAXUM is produced with advanced
Precision Molding Technology (PMT), which injects liquid resin into seamless high-quality carbon sleeves under extreme pressure.
Other key features of the COMBAT MAXUM include:
- 20 - 40% larger hitting surface versus competitor models.
- Lowest swing weight ever.
- Up to 38% swing weight reduction on average.
- One-piece, fully composite design.
- Seamless construction provides uniform strength and fine-tuned performance.
Connecting with confidence isn't an issue with this two-piece, fully composite baseball bat. New for 2017 is the SDX (Shock Dissipating Connection) Technology that conjoins the barrel
and the handle to provide a smooth, solid feeling at contact. Plus, the SDX and sting-free knob enhance comfort and control while eliminating any negative vibration in the hands.
Other key features of the Marucci Hex include:
- Individually handcrafted and optimized by size.
- Max barrel length for bigger sweet spot and more confidence.
- Ring-free barrel technology offers solid feel and dismisses vibrations.
- Two-piece, fully composite construction.
- 2 3/4 inch barrel diameter.
Boston Red Sox outfielder Mookie Betts is a good hitter--.318 batting average in 2016 good. So, his signature model bat from AXE is no slouch. This one-piece aluminum features the
new Hyperwhip composite end crap that shaves off unnecessary weight to improve overall balance and bat speed; resulting in more control at the plate.
Other key features of the AXE Mookie Betts include:
- Signature baseball bat of Mookie Betts.
- AXE grip that is scientifically proven to enhance bat speed, control, comfort, and safety.
- Directional hitting face.
- LP1 alloy construction formulated for strength and durability with one-sided hitting.
- Stiffer feel thanks to the one-piece aluminum alloy construction.
The Rawlings 5150 is one of the most iconic one-piece alloy constructions ever made. The 2017 is no exception. With the aerospace-grade 5150 alloy, Rawlings most radically responsive
material, this bsaeball bat is built for performance while providing all-season durability and a recognizable ping. The barrel includes the new and improved Precision Optimized
Performance (pOp) 2.0 technology.
Other key features of the Rawlings 5150 include:
- Aerospace grade 5150 alloy built for perfomance and durability.
- Balanced swing weight.
- One-piece alloy construction.
- Ultra-responsive design.
- Full twelve (12) month manufacturer's warranty.
Baseball bat lovers have been drooling over this one-piece alloy constructed bat. Louisville Slugger elegantly designed and carefully crafted the newest Omaha model into a masterpiece
that helps players step up to the plate with confidence. The Omaha 517 delivers a huge sweet spot, a much more sitff feel on contact, and exceptional durability.
Other key features of the Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 include:
- 7/8 inch tapered handle.
- Custom Lizard Skins grip enhances comfort with decreased vibration.
- Exceptional durability.
- New ST 7U1 + alloy delivers huge sweet spot and stiff feel on contact.
- One-piece, alloy construction.
Has your All-Star swung any of these big barrel bats? Leave a comment below and tell us which Youth Big Barrel bat you like and why. Or, if you're looking reviews on Senior League models from past and present, check out these bat reviews.
If you have any additional questions or requests, give our Bat Experts a call at (866) 321-2287, shoot them an email at email@example.com, or click here to live chat! Remember, we're here for you from click to hit!