Every Monday we’d like you to meet someone new around here at JustBats.com. Get to know us a little better! Meet Jake! Jake is one of the Web Developers here at JustBats.com! Here is what makes Jake tick.
1. How long have you worked here at JustBats.com?
HR tells me I have been here since February 2008.
2. What are some of your responsibilities as a Web Developer at JustBats.com?
I lead team meetings, handle code reviews, offer solutions to problems, handle site emergencies, triage work items, write back-end code, and I am sure I am missing something.
3. What are your favorite aspects of working with the Web Development team?
I get challenged and the opportunity to solve a different problem everyday.
4. What is your process like for coming up with new content for the website?
I do not create new content for our websites. I create the processes, tools, and structures for our employees and customers to make new content.
5. What would you say to someone coming into your line of work?
Never stop reading and learning about your craft… school has not scratched the surface of what you will need to know to do well in this field. That and find somebody better with way more experience than yourself to mentor you.
6. Whats your favorite memory so far from JustBats.com?
It is probably when we covered Davey-bug’s truck with about four thousand magnets turning it from a bright red to all white.
7. What are some challenges you face being a Web Developer?
New problems everyday.
8. Tell us what you enjoy doing outside of working at JustBats.com.
I write more code for personal projects, play video games, watch movies, hang out with the lady friend, fight the dog, and I am starting to tutor.
9. What gets you laughing the most?
Archer and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia make me laugh nearly uncontrollably.