Every Monday we’d like you to meet someone new around here at JustBats.com. Get to know us a little better! Meet AJ! AJ works on the Web Development team at JustBats.com and makes sure when you visit our websites everything works and runs smoothly and all the features we have are the latest and greatest! Here is what makes AJ tick.
1. How long have you worked here at JustBats.com?
A year and a half
2. Tell us about some of your responsibilities with the Development Team.
Up until the last few weeks, I’ve been working on developing the newest versions of our websites, as well as continuing to improve them with new features, and generally just addressing any issues that arise with them. Most recently, however, my focus has shifted towards the Scorekeeper 3.0 project.
3. What do you enjoy most about working at JustBats.com?
Working with others that strongly encourage me to keep up my fitness, which is an area of my lifestyle I had been lacking in before coming here. Without this company, I wouldn’t be nearly as motivated to stay in shape.
4. What are some challenges you face daily with being on the Development Team?
New issues with the websites come to our attention each day, and each new problem requires new learning and understanding on my part, so the biggest challenge is learning how to solve problems quickly on the fly.
5. What do you enjoy doing outside of working at JustBats.com?
Video games! They’re ingrained into my very being. Most recently I’ve gotten way into fighting games like Street Fighter 4 and Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and am even attending local tournaments.
6. What’s your favorite memory so far from working at JustBats.com?
Last Halloween, Corey B. had some gruesome-looking facepaint that made him look like he unzipped a zipper on his flesh. I couldn’t help but chuckle all day as he casually went about his work as if nothing was different.
7. Give us your favorite sport and team.
I’m not much of a sports guy, so let’s go with the Jamaican Olympic Bobsled team
8. Any advice for people coming into your line of work?
Don’t get overwhelmed by the responsibilities and tasks asked of you. Stay calm and think things through, that way things will get done right the first time. People will remember that something was delayed for a little while, but people will remember that something is bad forever.
9. What gets you laughing the hardest?
A well-timed Simpsons quote or reference always gets a reaction out of me. It’s astounding how just about any situation in life can be traced back to a moment or line in that show.
10. If you were stranded on an island and could only have three things, what would they be?
My cellphone, my computer, and my George Foreman grill. What? Don’t give me that “no electricity or internet allowed” stuff. This is 2012. I bet that desert island has AT LEAST 3G coverage.